Taking care of your skin after your waxing session helps ensure your skin looks and feels it’s best – and who wouldn’t want that?
We’ve performed thousands of waxes and we’ve seen it all, so we’re well qualified to let you know the best things to do before, during and after your waxing session to get the best possible experience…
Try to avoid the following:
- No sauna/steam for 24-48hrs
- No swimming in chlorinated pools for 24-48hrs
- No hot baths or showers; stick to cool/lukewarm water only.
- No tanning or sunbeds for 24-48hrs
- No massaging or heat treatments for 24-48hrs
- No exercise for 24hrs to avoid clogging of the hair follicle
- Avoid deodorant’s, perfumed products and makeup for 24hrs after treatment
- Wear lose clothing for comfort and avoid itching or touching the area.
Top Tips For Smooth Skin:
- Moisturising the waxed area regularly, preferably with moisturisers that have antiseptic properties for a couple of days after treatment. This will help to soothe skin. Remember to use suitable creams for more sensitive areas and avoid products that contain perfumes.
- Try to moisturise every day after treatment to keep the skin smooth and supple.
- Exfoliation is key to avoiding bumpy skin and ingrown hairs so a few days after your treatment gently exfoliate the skin a few times a week preferably with a mitt or loofah.
- Maintaining a smooth appearance and to get on a hair growth cycle that gives the best results we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.
Slight soreness and redness on the skin is completely normal but if symptoms do persist or worsen after 24-48hrs of your treatment especially if it’s your first wax please don’t hesitate to contact us.